Almond Milk Quinoa Breakfast
This vegan and gluten-free breakfast takes about 25 minutes total to make. Quinoa is a type of whole grains that is high in fiber and protein, making it a great way to kick-start your metabolism in the morning. Honey and the fruit of your choice will sweeten this treat to your liking.Print Recipe
- 4 cups of almond milk
- 1 cup of mixed quinoa red, black and white varieties in equal parts
- 2 tbsp. of pistachios or other nut of your choosing slivered
- 10 oz. of fresh strawberries and/or any of your favorite fruit sliced
- Honey as sweetener
- Over low heat, warm almond milk in a sauce pan.
- After about 2 minutes, you can add in the quinoa mix.
- Cook in low heat, about 15 minutes, gently stirring so the quinoa does not clump, until cooked through and there is some almond milk left.
- Remove from the heat.
- Divide into 4 equal parts in bowls.
- Top with strawberries or your favorite fruit and the pistachios.
- Drizzle with honey.