Apricot & treacle flapjacks
- 100 g coconut oil plus extra for greasing
- 75 g black treacle
- 20 g dark muscovado sugar
- 40 g golden syrup
- 235 g gluten-free rolled oats
- 50 g ready-to-eat dried apricots chopped
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- grated rind of 1 orange
- Grease an 18 cm square baking tin with coconut oil.
- Melt together the coconut oil, treacle, sugar and syrup in a large saucepan, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and level the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 180°C (350°F), Gas Mark 4, for 18–20 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 2 minutes before cutting into squares, then leave to cool completely in the tin.
- Store in an airtight container and eat within 5–6 days.
For festive flapjacks, melt together the coconut oil and sugar with 25 g black treacle and 90 g golden syrup, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Add 230 g gluten-free rolled oats, 1 tablespoon sultanas, 1 tablespoon mixed peel and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and mix well. Spoon into a greased 18 cm square baking tin and level the top. Bake and cut into squares as for Apricot & treacle flapjacks. Calories per square 198