Bacon and Waffle Strata
This version of strata uses crisp waffles, which bake into a wonderfully textured casserole in the slow cooker.Print Recipe
- 4 slices bacon
- 5 frozen waffles toasted
- 1 cup shredded Colby cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 5-ounce can evaporated milk
- ½ 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- In large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels, crumble, and set aside.
- Cut toasted waffles into cubes.
- Layer bacon and waffle cubes with cheese and green onions in 3½-quart slow cooker.
- Drain skillet, discarding bacon fat; do not wipe out.
- Add milk and cream cheese to skillet; cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melts and mixture is smooth.
- Remove skillet from heat and beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth.
- Stir in dry mustard and pour into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4–5 hours, until eggs are set.
Serve with warmed maple syrup, if desired.