Baked Garlicky Mushrooms
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ½ a bunch of fresh sage 15g
- 350 g ripe mixed-colour cherry tomatoes
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 40 g Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Peel and very finely slice the garlic.
- Pick the sage leaves.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Peel the mushrooms, reserving the peel.
- Place it all (peel included) in a 25cm × 30cm roasting tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon each of olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper and toss together.
- Pick out 12 perfect garlic slices and sage leaves for later, and sit the mushrooms stalk side up on the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven, crumble the cheese into the mushroom cups and sprinkle over the reserved garlic and sage.
- Return to the oven for 15 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted and everything’s golden, then dish up.