Banana Blueberry Bread
- 3 bananas large overripe
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅓ cup soymilk or almond milk, or apple sauce
- ½ cup agave nectar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or 1 1/2 cups gluten-free Multi-Blend Flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat a 9×5 inch loaf pan with a light layer of cooking oil.
- If using soy or almond milk, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to it and let it stand until it curdles.
- About 1 minute.
- Skip this step if using apple sauce.
- In a large bowl, mash up the bananas until smooth (can leave some chunks).
- Add lemon juice, the curdled milk substitute or apple sauce, and agave nectar.
- Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir until combined and everything is moistened.
- Toss in the blueberries and gently stir until evenly mixed.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan before transferring to a plate.