Blackberry & Apple Crumbles
- 4 dessert apples peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 125 g blackberries
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 100 g gluten-free rolled oats
- 50 g unsalted butter diced
- 40 g dark muscovado sugar
- 25 g flaked almonds
- Divide the apple slices and blackberries between 4 small ovenproof dishes or ramekins and sprinkle with the caster sugar.
- Place the oats, butter, muscovado sugar and almonds in a food processor and blitz until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Spoon the oat mixture over the fruit.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 190°C (375°F), Gas Mark 5, for 22–25 minutes until golden.
For blackberry & apple fool, whip 300 ml double cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold in 150 g unsweetened stewed apple and 125 oz lightly crushed blackberries. Divide between 4 glasses and chill until ready to serve. Calories per serving 416