- 1 Cup Cashews raw and unsalted
- 4 Cardamom pods seeds removed and crushed (optional)
- 1 Pinch Salt
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Water
- Grind the cashews into as fine a powder as you can.
- Mix cardamom powder, salt, and cashews together.
- Heat water and sugar in a pot until boiling.
- Add cashews and stir well with a rubber spatula.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- You can tell it’s ready when it a dribble of it on a cool plate forms a soft ball.
- Pour out the mixture onto lightly oiled aluminum foil.
- Let the mixture cool and then knead until glassy.
- Then roll out to 1/4″ thick and slice into diamonds.
- Store in an airtight container in layers separated by parchment paper.